One of the most infamous bosses in video game history, Bowser is the king of the Koopa Troop and the main antagonist in the Super Mario series and takes Princess Peach captive from Mushroom Kingdom time after time. His plans are always thwarted, however, as Mario traverses through many hazardous worlds to save her and defeat Bowser in his final castle. Bowser as a protagonist only appeared in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
Throughout the series, Bowser has always been in the heavyweight class, holding one of the fastest top speeds out of all the characters.
Bowser is an incredibly strong Koopa and is twice the size of Koopa Troopa. His body is a dark yellow, and his bulky arms and legs end in razor-sharp spikes.
His tail is also spiky, and on his neck, shoulders and wrists are four black bands with silver spikes lining them. His mouth is full of sharp teeth, and large horns come out of his green head. He has fiery red hair, and on his back is a giant green shell with numerous spikes lining it. Bowser has a deep, growling voice, and he can shoot fireballs from his mouth.
- Koopa King
- Standard BW
- Standard Kart L
- Koopa Clown
- Flame Flyer
- Piranha Prowler
- Wario Bike
- Standard Bike L
- Flame Runner
- Shooting Star
Staff Ghost Courses
- Bowser has a skeletal counterpart character, Dry Bowser.
- Bowser's son is Bowser Jr.
- Bowser is voiced by both Scott Burns Kenny James.
- He makes a few small appearances in Disney's "Wreck-It Ralph".
- The Koopalings were originally meant as Bowser's children, but this was changed when Bowser Jr. was introduced in 2002.
- Bowser is one of the six characters to appear in every Mario Kart installment, along with Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, and Toad.