The course starts in the entrance of a castle. As soon as the drivers enter the castle, they will see the miniature of Bowser pointing the right way, along with several Gray Bowser Statues that shoot lasers on the drivers. After numerous turns, drivers will enter the road with anti-gravity sections. Along the way lies the ramps that the drivers can perform Tricks, but with the extreme caution, as there lies the sets of Firebars and a flail.
After these sections lies a U-turn that leads to the forked way where a flaming Bowser Monument is. The two roads will eventually merge into one and they will have spiraling section of the road. Lava pillars gush out from the lava pit and will hit the unwary drivers that pass through these hazards.
At the end of the road lies the gliding pad that leads outside of the castle. There is another U-turn, where incoming boulders launched from one of the castle's cannons will attempt to knock over any racers. After these turns lies the finish line.
- Near the end of the track, one can use a Mushroom to cut through the dirt.
- This is the first Bowser's Castle course to not feature any Thwomps.
- It is also the first nitro Bowser's Castle course since Mario Kart: Double Dash!! to not have a giant stone version of Bowser's mouth as the castle entrance, instead having a giant shield above the drawbridge with Bowser's emblem on it.
- This is the first Bowser’s Castle, since Mario Kart Double Dash!! to not have Bowser’s famed laugh play on entry to the castle
- During the countdown for the race, the castle's portcullis is seen being raised. This is one of the five courses (the others being Twisted Mansion, Electrodrome, Excitebike Arena, and Mount Wario) to have an opening animation.
Recently reappeared in: