The Jetsetter (known as the Aero Glider in PAL regions) is a large kart in Mario Kart Wii. The Jetsetter resembles a Le Mans Prototype race car, and the body has a similar design to the Streamliner, especially when used by Waluigi, but has more of rectangular shape as opposed to the Streamliner's wedge-shaped body. The Jetsetter features a three-pointed nose with the middle point shorter and thicker. It has blue wheels, rear fin and a single dual exhaust port in the back. It is unlocked by receiving at least a 1-Star rank in all the 150cc Retro Cups or by playing 4,500 races.
The Sprinter (its rough equivalent in middle-sized vehicles) is also very similar to the Jetsetter in shape, though the Sprinter is more clearly modeled on Formula One race cars.
The Jetsetter is the fastest vehicle in the game. If it is used with Funky Kong, it is the fastest character/vehicle combo. Although its weight is lowest out of all the large karts, it is still high enough to bump others around, but is the lightest large kart. But as a compromise for its great speed, it has the worst handling, off-road, and mini-turbo in the game. Its acceleration is tied with the Wild Wing, and it also has one of the lowest drift stats in the game. It is very difficult to use on tracks with sharp turns like SNES Mario Circuit 3.
|Stat Name||Stat Value|
Wario- Purple body, Yellow stripes & windshield
Waluigi- Indigo body, Yellow stripes & windshield
King Boo- White body, Red stripes, Yellow windshield
Donkey Kong- Pink body, White stripes, Yellow windshield
Funky Kong- Ebony body, White stripes, Yellow windshield
Rosalina- Turquoise body, Yellow stripes & windshield
Bowser- Green body, Yellow stripes & windshield
Dry Bowser- Black body, White stripes, Yellow windshield
Male Mii- Yellow body & windshield, Blue stripes
Female Mii- White body, Purple stripes, Pink stripes
- The Jetsetter's stats are very similar to its bike-counterpart the Spear, which also has great speed & weight, but all of its other traits are severely-low in fact.
- The Jetsetter's weight will be surpassed by one point if Mario or Luigi ride the Wild Wing.
- The color-scheme of the Jetsetter on the Unlocking Screen shows Donkey Kong's version, while on the Time Trials icon of the vehicle shows Wario's version.
- A Female Mii is the only large character to have a Jetsetter with a pink windshield-color than the rest, which have yellow windshields.
- The Jetsetter could be based off an LMP1 Car.
- If you combine this kart with Bowser or Funky Kong, It would be the fastest kart in the game. Beating Mario's Combination with the Sprinter, Luigi's combination with the Wild Wing, and Funky Kong's combination with the Spear.
- Rosalina is the only character in Mario Kart Wii Who uses this kart for their staff ghost.