Mario Circuit is the third track from the Star Cup on Mario Kart DS. Once again, this sixth Mario Circuit in the Mario Kart series takes place near Peach Castle grounds. Like Wii Mario Circuit and 3DS Mario Circuit, this Mario Circuit has not appeared in a recent Mario Kart game yet.
The starting line is just to the right of a crowd of Mario Kart fans and then takes a quick right turn, onto the section of track bordering the lake. This part slowly rises and has 3 Goombas patrolling the track. After this, a right turn leads to a sandy plain where two huge Piranha Plants that spit out Fireballs are. Still, they are inaccurate, so there isn't much to worry about. Also, a shortcut can be taken through the sand to the right of them, so long as you have a Mushroom or two. After this comes a pipe tunnel followed by a sharp left turn. This leads into a sandy road, and after another left turn, it gets windy, with smaller Piranha Plants dotting the edges. At this part, Peach's Castle can be seen to the right, surrounded by the lake from earlier. The road reverts to the pavement, and after two massive left and right turns, the finish line appears.
- Mission 5-8 features Luigi having to beat Mario to the finish, with added Piranha Plants.
- Mission 7-4 challenges Toad to hit 30 Goombas with Green Shells/Triple Green Shells.
- Figure-8 Circuit has the same music as Mario Circuit, so it can be implied that this course is the sequel to it.
- This is the only Mario Circuit course that isn't in the Flower Cup (other than Mario Circuit 1, Mario Circuit 2, and Mario Circuit 4 from Super Mario Kart)
- As of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe this is the only track from the Star Cup that hasn't appeared as a retro track in a future Mario kart installment.
Recently reappeared in:
|Mario Kart DS courses|
|Nitro cups||Mushroom Cup||Figure-8 Circuit • Yoshi Falls • Cheep Cheep Beach • Luigi's Mansion|
|Flower Cup||Desert Hills • Delfino Square • Waluigi Pinball • Shroom Ridge|
|Star Cup||DK Pass • Tick-Tock Clock • Mario Circuit • Airship Fortress|
|Special Cup||Wario Stadium • Peach Gardens • Bowser Castle • Rainbow Road|
|Retro cups||Shell Cup||SNES Mario Circuit 1 • N64 Moo Moo Farm • GBA Peach Circuit • GCN Luigi Circuit|
|Banana Cup||SNES Donut Plains 1 • N64 Frappe Snowland • GBA Bowser's Castle 2 • GCN Baby Park|
|Leaf Cup||SNES Koopa Beach 2 • N64 Choco Mountain • GBA Luigi Circuit • GCN Mushroom Bridge|
|Lightning Cup||SNES Choco Island 2 • N64 Banshee Boardwalk • GBA Sky Garden • GCN Yoshi Circuit|
|Battle Courses||Nintendo DS • Twilight House • Palm Shore • Tart Top • N64 Block Fort • GCN Pipe Plaza|
|Unused Tracks||Dokan Course • Test Circle|