In Mario Kart 7, the staff ghost for this track is Metal Mario riding a Standard Kart, with Standard tires and a Super Glider, and the other has a time of 01:58.996 with Metal Mario driving the Blue Seven, with Monster wheels and a Paraglider.
The race begins with a short turn to the left, followed by a squared-off 180° turn right with a line of item boxes, ultimately forming an S-bend. The track then slopes down into a tunnel, where racers must make a squared-off left turn. Straight ahead is the exit to the tunnel. Air coming out of pipes in the tunnel will push you around, making it harder to collect the coins scattered about.
A long left turn out of the tunnel follows, and after that, a winding narrow bridge with gates must be crossed. Next, a set of three treacherous switchbacks awaits, with sheer drops to the left and right. After this, you enter into a 270° left turn with oil slicks scattered about. Finally, a large glider pad is available for a path to the finish line.
Mario Kart 8/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
The track returns in Mario Kart 8, as a DLC course, roughly being the same from Mario Kart 7. However, there are some changes done. A drop-off has been added at the entrance to the tunnel, the U-turn near the end has been modified into an anti-gravity section, the water puddles in that section are removed, and the air current found near the S-bend has been moved to behind the banner, instead of beside it. Also, the set of three coins after the second set of Item Boxes is now placed horizontally instead of one right after the other.
- One can use a Mushroom to cut off the first turn in the tunnel, across the blue mud.✱ for all games
- One can also glide to the left at the end of the track, over the sheer drop. Here, a glider boost can be used to safely make your way across to the first squared-off turn.✱ for all games
- Alternately, use the air boost with a Mushroom to cut across the area where the support poles hold up the bridge.✱ for MK7
- It's recommended to use a Kart because of the intense corners and drifting is recommended in the arena.
- Neo Bowser City and New York Minute are the only courses in the Mario Kart series whose name begins with the letter "N".
- This is first, and so far, the only Bowser-themed track in the Mario Kart series that's not a Bowser's Castle course.
- Despite being a Bowser-themed track, Bowser himself never appeared as the staff ghost in either of the track's appearances. Especially Mario Kart 7 since the staff ghost was Metal Mario instead of even a relatable counterpart of Bowser.
- Some of the buildings found in this course are based on the dome hills from the grasslands in the mainstream Mario games.
- The banners around the track have the name "Neo Bowser City" on them, even in the PAL versions of the game, where the track is known as Koopa City. This is intentionally included for online play purposes.
- This track is one of the three courses in Mario Kart 8 where the starting banner can be interacted through gliding. The other two courses are Mario Circuit and DS Wario Stadium.
- This track's music is a remix of Toad's Turnpike from Mario Kart 64 and Luigi Circuit and Mario Circuit from Mario Kart Wii.
Neo Bowser City
Rainbow Road (SNES)
Recently reappeared in:
Mario Kart Tour
Mario Circuit 2
|Mario Kart 7 courses|
|Nitro cups||Mushroom Cup||Toad Circuit • Daisy Hills • Cheep Cheep Lagoon • Shy Guy Bazaar|
|Flower Cup||Wuhu Loop • Mario Circuit • Music Park • Rock Rock Mountain|
|Star Cup||Piranha Plant Slide • Wario Shipyard • Neo Bowser City • Maka Wuhu|
|Special Cup||DK Jungle • Rosalina's Ice World • Bowser's Castle • Rainbow Road|
|Retro cups||Shell Cup||N64 Luigi Raceway • GBA Bowser Castle 1 • Wii Mushroom Gorge • DS Luigi's Mansion|
|Banana Cup||N64 Koopa Troopa Beach • SNES Mario Circuit 2 • Wii Coconut Mall • DS Waluigi Pinball|
|Leaf Cup||N64 Kalimari Desert • DS DK Pass • GCN Daisy Cruiser • Wii Maple Treeway|
|Lightning Cup||Wii Koopa Cape • GCN Dino Dino Jungle • DS Airship Fortress • SNES Rainbow Road|
|Battle Courses||GBA Battle Course 1 • N64 Big Donut • DS Palm Shore • Honeybee Hive • Sherbet Rink • Wuhu Town|
|Mario Kart Tour courses|
|New York Tour||New York Minute 1 • 3DS Cheep Cheep Lagoon • SNES Mario Circuit 1 • GCN Dino Dino Jungle • 3DS Toad Circuit • 3DS Rock Rock Mountain • GCN Yoshi Circuit • 3DS Daisy Hills • N64 Koopa Troopa Beach • 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar • GBA Bowser's Castle 1|
|Tokyo Tour||Tokyo Blur 1 • 3DS Mario Circuit • SNES Rainbow Road • 3DS Neo Bowser City • SNES Mario Circuit 2 • SNES Choco Island 2 • N64 Kalimari Desert|
|Halloween Tour||DS Luigi's Mansion • SNES Ghost Valley 1 • DS Waluigi Pinball|
|Paris Tour||Paris Promenade 1 • SNES Mario Circuit 3|
|Winter Tour||DS DK Pass|
|London Tour||London Loop|
|Holiday Tour||New York Minute 2 • 3DS Rainbow Road|
|New Year Tour||Tokyo Blur 2|
|Ice Tour||N64 Frappe Snowland • SNES Vanilla Lake 1|