The Phantom is a large bike that appears in Mario Kart Wii. It resembles a Harley Davidson Road King. The bike does not feature a kart counterpart; however, its stats are similar to that of the medium bike, the Zip Zip. The Phantom can be unlocked by winning the Special Cup in Mirror Mode, or by playing 4,050 races.
The Phantom has extremely good offroad capabilities, making it a good choice on Shy Guy Beach, where the preferred racing line makes extensive use of offroad portions of the map. The bike has a decent amount of weight to it and good handling. Its speed-related stats are average, and has a terrible drift stat on top of the already wide outside drift, making the bike poor on maps with sharp turns.
|Stat Name||Stat Value|
The Phantom features average mini-turbo. Its best stat is the off-road stat, which rivals that of the Dolphin Dasher. Its handling, weight, speed, and acceleration are also good. However, the bike suffers from the worst drifting in the game and drifts outwards, making it difficult for beginners to control the bike.
- Donkey Kong drove this bike during the first August 2008 competition.
- The Phantom is one of the seven vehicles in Mario Kart Wii to go through a design change other than a palette-swap, the others being the Booster Seat, Bit Bike, Flame Runner, Wario Bike, Shooting Star, and the Spear. In this case, Rosalina's Phantom has its foot pedestals positioned further, and its center is slightly thinner in appearance. Also, Bowser's and Dry Bowser's Phantom have their handles positioned lower than the other ones.
- This, Wario Bike, and Shooting Star are the only bikes in Mario Kart Wii where characters don't flail their legs when going through a cannon.
- This is the only large vehicle in Mario Kart Wii that can drift off road (even though the Offroader should be able to because of its name).
- The Phantom has the same speed as the Magikruiser.
- Additionally, it has the same weight as the Wild Wing.