In Mario Kart DS
The Shooting Star is one of the karts for Mario in Mario Kart DS, the others being Standard MR and B Dasher. This kart is shaped like a shooting star and is yellow. This kart is average on all stats, but lighter than Mario's other karts. It is Mario's unlockable kart and must be unlocked by winning 100cc Special Cup. All racers can drive this kart after completing all cups of every engine class. This feature is exclusive to non-CPU players.
|Stat Name||Stat Value|
In Mario Kart Wii
The Shooting Star (also known as the Twinkle Star outside of North America), is a large bike that appears in Mario Kart Wii. It has a star on the front, a comet trail on its sides and exhaust pipes, and a gray wing on the handle bars. It is unlocked by winning the 100cc Star Cup. The Twinkle Star's kart counterpart is the Honeycoupe, both of which are Rosalina's signature vehicles.
|Stat Name||Stat Value|
The Shooting Star has decent speed. It also has the best drift and mini-turbo among all the large vehicles and is the best outwards drifting bike in the game. However this vehicle has low acceleration, handling, off-road, and it is the lightest large vehicle in the game. Rosalina uses this bike as the normal staff ghost for Rainbow Road.
- Wario used this bike in the first May 2008 competition.
- The Twinkle Star is one of the six vehicles to go through a design change other than a palette-swap, the others being the Booster Seat, Flame Runner, Wario Bike, Spear, and Phantom. In this case, the star on the side of Rosalina's Twinkle Star is larger than on the other Twinkle Stars. Also, hers does not have a foot rest, as the others do. In a similar manner, Bowser's and Dry Bowser's Twinkle Star have their handles positioned lower than the other Twinkle Stars.
- Wario: Yellow Body, Orange Star, Purple Comet Trail Design, Dark Purple Seat, Green Frame & Dark Blue Wheels.
- Waluigi: Dark Purple Body, Bright Yellow Star & Comet Trail Design with Deep Blue Upper Trim, Bright Yellow Seat, Orange Frame & Dark Blue Wheels.
- Donkey Kong: Red Brown Body, Yellow Star & Comet Side Design, Brown Seat, Brown Frame & Teal Blue Wheels
- Bowser: Green Body, Yellow Star & Comet Side, Dull Grey Seat, Red Frame & Dark Blue Wheels, * Lowered Handles*
- King Boo: Blue Body, White Star & Comet Trail Design, Red Seat, Black Frame, Dark Blue Wheels
- Rosalina: Turquiose Body, Yellow Star & Comet Trail Design with Large Star,Yellow Seat, Teal Blue Frame, Dark Blue Wheels, No Footrest
- Funky Kong: White Body, Red Star & Comet Trail Design, Brown Seat, Dull Dark Green Frame, Teal Blue Wheels
- Dry Bowser: Dull Grey Black Body, Pale Yellow White Star & Comet Trail Design, Red Seat, Dark Red Brown Frame, Teal Blue Wheels, *Lowered Handles*
- Large Mii (Male): Black Body, Gold Yellow Star & Comet Trail Design, Gold Yellow Seat, Red Purple Frame & Wheels, Dark Blue Mii Logo Icon
- Large Mii (Female): Pink Body, Gold Yellow Star & Comet Trail Design, Gold Yellow Seat, Sky Blue Frame & Wheels, Dark Red Mii Logo Icon