Tilt-A-Kart is a battle stage in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. Shaped like an 8-bit Mario sprite that seems to be jumping, it takes place in a giant void that has 8-bit Mario sprites around.
This stage tilts at regular intervals, making it one of the toughest battle stages to survive in. Item Boxes bounce up and down, and sometimes fall off the stage when the stage tilts, unlike some of the battle arenas. The white blocks on the edge of the stage slow players down, helping them stop if they accidentally fall to the edge. It can be unlocked by winning the Flower Cup in Mirror Mode. It is also the first dynamic battle stage in the entire Mario Kart series.
- The stage is made up of an 8-bit Mario sprite from Super Mario Bros. from the NES.
- The music that plays is a slight remix of Baby Park's music.
- This is one of only two unlockable battle stages in the entire Mario Kart series, the other being Luigi's Mansion. Both of them use music from the race tracks.
- This is the only stage that can be driven off of.
- The manual gives a warning that falling off the stage can cause damage in Balloon Battle, presumably as a foreshadowing of a battle course that has a gap in the guardrails.
|Mario Kart: Double Dash!! courses|
|Mushroom Cup||Luigi Circuit • Peach Beach • Baby Park • Dry Dry Desert|
|Flower Cup||Mushroom Bridge • Mario Circuit • Daisy Cruiser • Waluigi Stadium|
|Star Cup||Sherbet Land • Mushroom City • Yoshi Circuit • DK Mountain|
|Special Cup||Wario Colosseum • Dino Dino Jungle • Bowser's Castle • Rainbow Road|
|Battle Courses||Cookie Land • Block City • Luigi's Mansion • Nintendo GameCube • Pipe Plaza • Tilt-A-Kart|