The Wii is the fifth home console developed by Nintendo, released in 2006. The main difference between the Wii and other Nintendo consoles is the wireless controller, known as the Wii Remote, which is used to connect the players movements and the character's movements together.
The Wii, being a seventh-generation console, competes with other seventh-generation consoles such as the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. Since the release of the Wii, the system has outsold other consoles in this generation. Nintendo later produced an alternative color of black. A second alternative color, red, was produced in 2010, and bundled with the game New Super Mario Bros. Wii came out.
The first version of the console and the Wii Family Edition were discontinued on October 21, 2013, while the Wii Mini was discontinued worldwide on November 13, 2017.
The Wii Remote, unofficially called the WiiMote, is the main controller used with the Wii. The Wii Remote is rectangular in shape and resembles a TV remote. It contains eight buttons and a directional pad as well. Unlike previous console controllers, the Wii Remote includes a power button that has the ability to turn the console on without pressing the power button on the hardware.
The Nunchuk is the controller that comes with the Wii and is used for 3D navigation games (most of the time), such as Super Mario Galaxy. The Nunchuk has 2 buttons (C and Z), a joystick and a cable to plug into the Wii remote.
The Wii Wheel is an accessory for the Wii designed for Mario Kart Wii. The Wii Wheel was not included with the Wii, but was included in the packaging of Mario Kart Wii. The Wii Wheel is used so that players can control their racer with more ease and precision. A single Wii Wheel is sold with the game, but additional Wii Wheels must be purchased separately.
Mario Kart games released on the Wii
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, along with all other GameCube games, can only be played on the first version Wii, as long as you have a GameCube Controller. Unfortunately, later versions of the Wii are not equipped with playing GameCube games and can only play Wii games.
- Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 (separately on different channels on the Wii Menu) can also be played on the Wii, as long as you download them from the Wii Shop and have either a Classic Controller or GameCube Controller.
- The Wii was originally going to be called the Nintendo Revolution.
- Even after the Wii U was discontinued in some countries and the Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite were released, Wii games were still being made. The last Wii game, Just Dance 2020, was released on November 5, 2019
- ↑ https://www.iol.co.za/technology/nintendo-wii-launches-in-south-africa-901795
- ↑ https://www.engadget.com/2007-10-26-wii-comes-to-china-south-korea-in-2008.html
- ↑ https://www.rediff.com/getahead/2008/sep/16wii.htm
- ↑ http://www.reinodocogumelo.com/2013/10/wii-e-oficialmente-descontinuado-no.html
- ↑ http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/55668/wii-has-been-discontinued-in-europe-but-you-can-still-buy-a-wii-mini/