Yoshi Circuit is the third track of the Star Cup in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, the last track of the Lightning Cup in Mario Kart DS, and the first track of the Egg Cup in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. This track has reappeared in Mario Kart Tour.
The course makes its first appearance in this game. There are many Piranha Plants in this area. The music is the same as the game's Mario Circuit and Luigi Circuit. There are also many tight curves in this track, especially on the tail turn. Daisy Cruiser can be seen in the background.
Mario Kart DS
This track returns in Mario Kart DS. It is the final track in the Lightning Cup. The underground path has been removed, but the creek shortcut is still able to use. This is one of the most technical courses in the whole Mario Kart series.
- Missions information
- Mission 6-6: Yoshi must perform 14 power-slide mini-turbos in a lap.
Mario Kart 8/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
This track returns in Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as the first track of the Egg Cup. It has received many major visual upgrades around the track, even rocks out at sea are shaped like Yoshi's head and another shaped like a Yoshi egg. Also, at the start/finish line, the giant rock which marks the shoe area has been turned into a little town with a harbor nearby which caused the three Piranha Plants near the finish line in the original to be taken out. The first underground path from the original is still removed.
- One is at the beginning that goes over a creek, skipping a turn. Karts with high off-road and strong mini-turbos can pass through this shortcut without the use of a Mushroom. (i.e. Egg 1, Dry Bomber)✱ for all games
- There is a tunnel (an underground path) that skips a few turns. The underground tunnel requires a Mushroom to reach, skipping the grass and some water along the way.✱ for MKDD
- This is one of two tracks in the series not from Super Mario Kart that appears in more than two games, the other being Baby Park.
- In the Mario Kart 8 version of the track, the Mario Kart logo on the starting banner is the modern design, instead of the classic one used for the retro courses in the game. GBA Ribbon Road and GBA Cheese Land also use this design.
- One of the Yoshis near the starting line will occasionally hum Totaka's Song. This also occurs in other courses featuring Yoshi's in the audience (Sweet Sweet Canyon, SNES Donut Plains 3, and N64 Yoshi Valley).
- It is also one of the three downloadable courses that don't have any gliding, underwater or anti-gravity sections, the others being Excitebike Arena and SNES Rainbow Road.
- Before the finish line, a screen can be seen displaying the course's map, this same detail can be found in Water Park and Rainbow Road.
- The lake, which turned out to be Yoshi's cheek, has been dried up into sand since Mario Kart DS.
This glitch only works for Mario Kart DS.
Drive to the water and jump into it the first time you see it. Once Lakitu puts you back on the track, turn around and jump back into the water next to the fence. Then, if done correctly, Lakitu will put you before the finish line. If that is the case, go ahead and turn around and drive backwards. You will notice that Lakitu is not telling you to drive the right way. Drive the wrong way until Lakitu tells you not to do so, and then turn around and drive the right way. However, at one point of the track Lakitu will tell you that you are going the wrong way. Keep driving forward, no matter what Lakitu tells you, and if done correctly, you will complete a lap.
Rock Rock Mountain
Recently reappeared in:
Mario Kart Tour
|Mario Kart: Double Dash!! courses|
|Mushroom Cup||Luigi Circuit • Peach Beach • Baby Park • Dry Dry Desert|
|Flower Cup||Mushroom Bridge • Mario Circuit • Daisy Cruiser • Waluigi Stadium|
|Star Cup||Sherbet Land • Mushroom City • Yoshi Circuit • DK Mountain|
|Special Cup||Wario Colosseum • Dino Dino Jungle • Bowser's Castle • Rainbow Road|
|Battle Courses||Cookie Land • Block City • Luigi's Mansion • Nintendo GameCube • Pipe Plaza • Tilt-A-Kart|
|Mario Kart DS courses|
|Nitro cups||Mushroom Cup||Figure-8 Circuit • Yoshi Falls • Cheep Cheep Beach • Luigi's Mansion|
|Flower Cup||Desert Hills • Delfino Square • Waluigi Pinball • Shroom Ridge|
|Star Cup||DK Pass • Tick-Tock Clock • Mario Circuit • Airship Fortress|
|Special Cup||Wario Stadium • Peach Gardens • Bowser Castle • Rainbow Road|
|Retro cups||Shell Cup||SNES Mario Circuit 1 • N64 Moo Moo Farm • GBA Peach Circuit • GCN Luigi Circuit|
|Banana Cup||SNES Donut Plains 1 • N64 Frappe Snowland • GBA Bowser's Castle 2 • GCN Baby Park|
|Leaf Cup||SNES Koopa Beach 2 • N64 Choco Mountain • GBA Luigi Circuit • GCN Mushroom Bridge|
|Lightning Cup||SNES Choco Island 2 • N64 Banshee Boardwalk • GBA Sky Garden • GCN Yoshi Circuit|
|Battle Courses||Nintendo DS • Twilight House • Palm Shore • Tart Top • N64 Block Fort • GCN Pipe Plaza|
|Unused Tracks||Dokan Course • Test Circle|
|Mario Kart Tour courses|
|New York Tour||New York Minute 1 • 3DS Cheep Cheep Lagoon • SNES Mario Circuit 1 • GCN Dino Dino Jungle • 3DS Toad Circuit • 3DS Rock Rock Mountain • GCN Yoshi Circuit • 3DS Daisy Hills • N64 Koopa Troopa Beach • 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar • GBA Bowser's Castle 1|
|Tokyo Tour||Tokyo Blur 1 • 3DS Mario Circuit • SNES Rainbow Road • 3DS Neo Bowser City • SNES Mario Circuit 2 • SNES Choco Island 2 • N64 Kalimari Desert|
|Halloween Tour||DS Luigi's Mansion • SNES Ghost Valley 1 • DS Waluigi Pinball|
|Paris Tour||Paris Promenade 1 • SNES Mario Circuit 3|
|Winter Tour||DS DK Pass|
|London Tour||London Loop|
|Holiday Tour||New York Minute 2 • 3DS Rainbow Road|
|New Year Tour||Tokyo Blur 2|
|Ice Tour||N64 Frappe Snowland • SNES Vanilla Lake 1|